Please refrain from including this checklist with your Form I-800A. It serves as an optional tool to aid you in preparing your form but does not substitute statutory, regulatory, and form instruction requirements. We strongly advise reviewing these requirements before completing and submitting your form. Do not dispatch original documents unless explicitly requested in the form instructions or applicable regulations.
In the case of submitting any documents (copies or original documents, if requested) in a foreign language, it is imperative to enclose a comprehensive English translation. The translation must be accompanied by a certification from the translator, affirming the completeness and accuracy of the translation and their competence to translate from the foreign language to English.
Have you ensured the inclusion of the following?
- Proof of your U.S. citizenship
- Proof of marriage for you and your spouse (if applicable)
- Proof of termination of all prior marriages for you and your spouse (if applicable)
- Proof of your spouse’s U.S. citizenship or lawful immigration status in the United States (if applicable)
- Proof of your spouse’s name, identity, and citizenship if not a resident of the United States (if applicable)
- Home study
- Evidence demonstrating compliance with pre-adoption requirements in the state of the child’s proposed residence (if applicable)