How to Get an American Fiancé(e) Visa

Moving home with your fiancé(e) involves 3 governmental agencies – US Citizenship and Immigration Services, Dept. of State (DOS), and US Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

You must first file a Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) (Form I-129F), which leads to a K-1 nonimmigrant visa, AKA the "fiancé(e) visa".

The process can be made easier by talking to an immigration lawyer.

Who Can Use the Citizenship Disability Exemption Form?

Citizenship Disability Exemption Form Requirements

People with a mental or physical disability lasting 12 months or longer don't need to meet the English and civics requirements for United States naturalization.

The disability must be "medically determinable", and a medical professional must sign a disability exception form confirming this no more than 6 months before the application is filed.