Green Card for Victims of Abuse

You may qualify for immigration under specific categories based on circumstances of abuse and cruelty, including:

  1. VAWA Self-Petitioner: If you are a victim of battery or extreme cruelty, you may apply as:
    • An abused spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
    • An abused child (unmarried and under 21 years old) of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
    • An abused parent of a U.S. citizen
  2. Special Immigrant Juvenile: You are eligible if you are a child who has suffered abuse, abandonment, or neglect by your parent and have been granted Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ) status.
  3. Cuban Adjustment Act: You qualify if you are an abused spouse or child of a Cuban native or citizen and have experienced battery or extreme cruelty.
  4. Haitian Refugee Immigrant Fairness Act (HRIFA): Eligibility extends to abused spouses or children of lawful permanent residents who obtained their Green Card through HRIFA and have been victims of battery or extreme cruelty.

These immigration categories provide opportunities for individuals facing abuse and cruelty to seek legal protection and assistance in the United States.

Leave a comment!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *